Book life.

Robert Frost, the great American poet, once said, "I don't live in a library and I am not a terrible reader, but my life has been a book life." Another similar quote from him: "Libraries are in the same game I'm in. That's the game of surrounding people with books - getting people coated with books."

Over the past year I have not lived a "book life." I have read to study not to be studied. I feel the results.

So, I have decided to coat myself with books this summer.

The following books I have already read:
Everything Belongs by Richard Rohr This book was excellent.
Under the unpredictable plant by Eugene Peterson Fantastic book on "being" a pastor.
Sex God by Rob Bell This book we are going through as a life group. Very good.

Here are books I am currently reading:
Secrets in the Dark by Frederick-Buechner So far I have really enjoyed this life giving book.
The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky I have just started this.
Myth of a Christian Nation by Greg Boyd. So far I have really enjoyed this book about the competing kingdoms.

That is where I currently am at. I still have books yet to start, but first I gotta get through these. What are you reading?

Coat it baby!
sd

Comments

Kevin Stinehart said…
I loved Sex God and I am working through Myth of a Christian Nation too. Good stuff there. Next on my list is Shane Claiborne's Irresistible Revolution which I can't wait to start.
Anonymous said…
I'm in a reading slump right now. (Tend to read more in the Winter months)

But... I checked out a synopsis on the "Myth of a Christian Nation" and that looks like a great book to get my mom.

As you know, this book would not hold any real interest for me, but it looks like a book that any Christian that voted for Bush, or made up their mind on who to vote for by one or two bible thumping issues, should definitely read.

You should add a library to your hub, where people can check out books that you have read and reccomned. :)
Deur said…
Doggie dude,
We do have a bit of library here.
Feel free to check out a book or two if you get an itch for a little Jesus lit. :)

Popular posts from this blog