Shoreline people

I am appreciating words like "faithfulness" and "devotion" more and more. There is something about being steady, being there, showing up, and cultivating a long haul image that excites me.

I think that I have been someone who tends to look to be flashy. Flashy gets noticed, but I feel in my cells a pull toward greater faithfulness as the discipline of transformation.

I came across a great little poem by Robert Frost about devotion and it gives a picture of what I'm feeling...

DEVOTION
"The heart can think of no devotion
Greater than being shore to the ocean -
Holding the curve of one's position,
Counting an endless repetition."


Holding & counting,
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
lets get dirty!
Deur said…
HOLY BENDY!
Where in the heck are you playing nowadays you crazy man?
Thanks for stopping in...

Popular posts from this blog