mmmmm florida

We are getting closer to that magic moment when we climb into our mini-van and head south to Tampa, Florida.

I love the drive down as much as I love the time in Florida. Looking over the country side. Stopping in quirky truck stops selling things I would never expect. Living on a steady diet of Maccas. (as my aussie friends call it) Going up and over the mountains. Drinking caffeine laced drinks to stay alert. (is that drug use?) Putting my sandals on, stopping at a Florida welcome area to buy oranges, and enjoying the smell of our van after a day and a half of driving...

It is coming and I am hoping and praying that we'll have a safe, relaxing, refreshing, patience filled, joyful and story filled experience.

Clark Griswald is my hero,
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
that sounds like a good time of refreshment and relaxation. We love heading south. Enjoy the trip.

Wishing you warmth,
Devin, Buffalo NY
Anonymous said…
STEVE,

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER ON ARE FAMILY TRIPS WE USE TO REFER TO MY FATHER AS "CLARK W. GRISWOLD"

DRIVE SAFE AND ENJOY THE WEATHER!!
JEFF WOLF
Anonymous said…
Open the following link in a new window and then sing along with the lyrics below. http://mcsites.com/music/holidayroad.mp3

I found out long ago It's a long way down the holiday road

Holiday road
Holiday road

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick Take a ride on the West Coast kick

Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road

I found out long ago It's a long way down the holiday road

Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road


Hope you guys have a blast, and be careful of wet sandwiches. ;)
C-Man said…
dude - brush up on your travel songs to sing with the kids. always a hit!
Anonymous said…
We arrived safe and sound.
Low eighties all week.
hugs and kisses,
deurty
Wally Harrison said…
Enjoy the heck out of vacation, and soak up all the sun you can so you bring it back with you.
Anonymous said…
I love the Griswolds!

Popular posts from this blog