Two Thousand and Seven



My word for this year is: "COURAGE."

God told Joshua: "This is my command-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9

Courage to do the right thing.
Courage to speak the truth.
Courage to forgive.
Courage to follow wherever God leads.
Courage to put self aside.
Courage to seek justice for the down-trodden.
Courage to lead.
Courage to be.

Andy Stanley observes, "Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the willingness to strap on your fear and move ahead."

So 2007 is the year of COURAGE.

Welcome to the jungle,
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!"

"Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage! What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot? What have they got that I ain't got?"

"Read what my medal says: "Courage". Ain't it the truth? Ain't it the truth?"

Sorry, but I just love the Cowardly Lion. ;)

There's nothing to fear but... Flying Monkeys!! They scared the crap out of me when I was a kid!

Sorry again. I just can't help myself! As silly as it all is though it is very true. We all, already, have the courage. Sometimes we just need someone or something to help us see it.

Good luck with seeing the courage within yourself in this New Year and may you and your family be happy and safe for all of it.

BigDog
Anonymous said…
It is good to see you post again. I know you dont know me, i only have heard of you threw wade and just acknowledged your website and began to read it and really enjoyed it.
I was worried about you , even thought i dont even know you, you havent posted in a long time. I was hoping everything was okay with you and your family.
Welcome back to the cyberspace.

gophergrll
Sara Maria said…
"What have they got that I ain't got?"~the Lion

Probably a more refined vocabulary. Hah! I love this movie though. Nice reference stranger.

Popular posts from this blog