Here we go again!

Well last night the Pistons won. Many people would think it was because they played hard, worked together as a team, and made their shots, but I know better. The reason was... that I made 10 out of 10 free throws at home before the game.

Now, before you shoot down this down as just superstition and think I am being to full of myself (to think that the world and a dumb sporting event outcome would hinge on me making free throws... let me submit last years track record for your consideration: (here is an excerpt from last year's blog entry detailing my own little quirks of thinking everything depends on me):

BUT - I have proof that it all depends on me (aka: I am a god) During the Detroit Pistons Finals series with the Spurs I often would shoot hoops in my front yard before the game. I started to hit a bunch of free throws and told myself that I hd to hit eight out of ten free throws for the Pistons to win. I did not do it for games one and two and the results were losses for the Pistons. I hit 8 of ten for games 3-4 in which the Pistons won. I didn't do it for the next Pistons loss, but did make 8 of 10 for their game six win. For game 7 we were in a hurry to leave out of town and I realized I needed to hit my free throws before leaving... so while the kids were getting loaded into the mini-van I was frantically trying to make 8 of 10... Finally after Vicki's third pleading with me to go and give up my stupid free throws I stopped at hitting only 7 of 10. I got in the car and said - "it doesn't depend on me... silly." That night the Pistons lost.


Anyways - I need to figure out what to do before our softball games so we can start winning! :P

Oh, but I am so small - so very very very very very small... I went to a funeral today and was again reminded of how short life is... mmmmmm free throws. :)

Hub a dub dub,
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
How bout bouncing the ball on the bat for a (determined by you) number of times without dropping it. Maybe 10 is the magic number for you. ;-)

Great looking kid you and wifey produced there. Looks like he might cause trouble though. I can see it in the shape of his eyes. Just like his daddy's

Congratualtions again.
Steve said…
You better nail 10 of 10 tonight and Sunday. We need this series!
Arkay said…
WHAT A FINE LOOKING LAD!!! One of the few miracles we get to share with the man upstairs. Congrats again and keep in touch.
Arkay said…
Good lookin' kid ...Congrats again and keep in touch!!
Arkay said…
oops
Arkay said…
ooops I forgot to refresh! My bad.
Dave Deur said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog