does my life match my blogging?

Good quote from Rabbi Haninah b. Dosa says, "Anyone whose deeds are more than his wisdom-his wisdom will endure." "And anyone whose wisdom is more than his deeds-his wisdom will not endure." - Abot 3:9 II C.D.

This continues on the theme of my past blog and many that come before it. When we put our little words down on these comments, pages and web sites we are adding to a discussion that hopefully is leading to wisdom. I know that writing things down helps me think about things. I really enjoy the quote above, because it is action oriented without taking away from the world of ideas. Wisdom, is, I think, more than just ideas anyways. Wisdom is a way of walking, living, deciding and going.

Do I desire wisdom to follow me - to stick to me - to leave a legacy? This quote exhorts me to live out the wisdom and way I am talking... then - there will be lasting fruit.

James says it nice too... "Faith without works is dead."

Quick heads up: I am not claiming to be putting out wisdom. :) But, when I think I have a thought or nugget - I guess I need to realize more and more that, by throwing it out into the web world that, it will only go as far as it is a reality in my life.

Faithfulness in little things is where I think much of this begins.
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
Basically what you are saying is the essence of one of my favorite quotes. I don't know the author but it goes like this.

"Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

Everyone should take this one to heart, and I know some that need to make it a way of life. I could benefit from it, every once in awhile myself. ;-)

Deeds do speak louder than words, but more often than not I find that the deeds and the words never seem to match up. And it is of this that you speak correct?

It's tough to live your life the way it feels right to you, when so many are telling you that you are living it wrong.

I may be thought a fool by some, wise by others, but if I live my life the best I can and bring laughter and joy to those I love and come in contact with then I can do no better.

These are the "Wise?" words of the BigDog. :-)
Arkay said…
What a bunch of crap. I haven't seen you silent except for when you got fixed and it hurt to talk alot. That is funny even if you don't laugh at it. Good words Big Dog..good words Duer...like to listen to you guys talk..let's all three do coffee sometime..I will be silent and take notes.
Deur said…
That I got to see! :)
Sounds like fun.
Dave Deur said…
Walk the talk Rabbi, or walk like an Egyptian.
Michael said…
Steve,

You're my Hero.

-Tank

Popular posts from this blog