Ants are marching.

A few years ago I began telling my daughter a story about a little ant named, "Boogie." This story has become a favorite to tell on car rides and bed times. The story has expanded to include friends and family like: "Snot," "Fart," and "Loogie." I may go into the basic premise sometime...

My daughter and I made a book over our Sabbath this week. She dictated the words and I wrote them down. She then illustrated the book. The book was about "Boogie" and his two friends, "Snot" and "Fart." It described their first day of school, finding and consuming a huge piece of cheese, and having a play date.

Anyways, my daughter decided to take this book to school and wanted it read to the whole class. I instructed her to have the teacher change the names so my daughter wouldn't be accused of bringing potty humor into the first grade classroom. She told me that she would tell the teacher to change the names and my wife double checked with the teacher on this. But on the day, a sub was teaching, and he read the story without changing the names. I guess the boys couldn't stop laughing at hearing the words, "Boogie," "Fart," and "Snot." My daughter enjoyed every moment of her junior high humor and the kids went home telling their parents about the pastor's kid who writes stories about bodily fluids and discharges. :) She is quite the little creative kiddo.

So on behalf of "Fart," "Boogie," and "Snot" have a good day!
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
And here I thought perhaps my daughter was a little too obsessed with pretending to be a dog, and having animal imaginary friends.

But now I don't feel so bad as I can see that her imagination could have taken quite a turd for the worse.

;-)

I think a healthy imagination (regardless of the subject matter) is a definite plus to one's intelligence and personality. If for no other reason a good imagination allows us to better put our feet into other people's shoes.

Keep the creative thoughts going little Deurette! :-)
Arkay said…
That is funny!
Tell her that if you burp, fart, sneeze, and cough at the same time...your whole body will explode.
Can Autumn read her story at my hotspot this Sunday?
Kevin Stinehart said…
You should get that published Steve. Kids need more books like that.
Anonymous said…
Very nice site! »
Anonymous said…
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Popular posts from this blog