Sodcast

They should change the name of "Podcasting" to "Sodcasting." As a kid my family put in some sod for our lawn. We rolled it line after line like laying carpet. Our lawn had a nice rich green look. So my idea of calling the podcasts - sodcasts comes from this idea of growth, life, roots and maturity, rolling out line by line of thoughts... It won't catch on, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I guess growth in our lives depends on our own desire to grow more than anything. No matter how good material or truth may be expounded upon - the receiver must receive, interpret, welcome, chew on it, make changes, etc... humility, I think, is at the center of any growth. Do we have something to learn from everyone? Even people we disagree with? Even people we despise? I find it easier to learn from people that have big reputations or that I agree with - rather than someone younger or someone I have never heard of...

Anyways - if you want to hear long-winded teaching that hopefully would be a "sodcast" let me encourage you to subscribe to our podcast. :) Go to itunes - click on podcasts - search for "Marked Podcast." Or go to our website: www.iammarked.com and under the "what's new" link you can click on the podcast. Sorry for the self promotion. I'll work on self-centeredness next time. I humbly request your interest. :)

Other podcasts that I am subscribed to:
Tony Campolo "Across the pond" - Commentary on current events from Campolo.
Catalyst Podcast - Interviews with church leaders.
Desiring God (video short teachings) - Being the church in the culture and different questions.
Get This - great afternoon show in Sydney, Australia.

You find any good ones? SODCASTING.... mmmm green.
sd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog