Throw your arm out

My brother in law and I decided to throw the baseball around yesterday afternoon.
I felt like a kid again as we threw fly balls to eachother, tagged out imaginary runners, and fielded ground balls. Playing catch has been one of the most simple and meaningful connecting events in my life. I know that is a big fat statement, but I think it is true.

Playing catch with my dad is a huge memory for me.
Pitching with my mom as she squated like a catcher for me as a young high school boy on a Colorado vacation.
Playing long toss and spending countless hours with William as we threw the ball around.
Warming up in high school with friends.
Out on the lawn with Paul, at Spring Arbor, while cutting class on an exceptionally warm day.
Playing catch with new friends in Australia as a part of the Seven Hills baseball team.
Warming up with Watermark softball fellas - the perfect moment, before the perfect storm!
And now a time of chucking the ball to Bif.

Good times with two gloves, one ball, and hope.

Happy fourth of July - and if you have a kid - go play catch with them.
sd

Comments

Dave Deur said…
Thanks for a lot of good memories with Miguel. Oh, by the way, I can throw a baseball 287 feet.

I'm lookin forward to chucking a few to Aitchie, Nels, and Will.
Anonymous said…
Very good advise, in deed. I have some very good memories of tossing the ball about too.

I have dropped the ball (so to speak) with my youngins and playing catch, but it is not too late and I have been meaning to do it.

Thanks for the reminder.
Anonymous said…
Keep up the good work » »

Popular posts from this blog