Baby, the house, and the assessment.

Three updates and comments:
1. My wife typically does not enter into labor naturally. So, our pregnancy's tend to go long and produce big kids. Therefore, if she does not have the baby by Wednesday - we will be going to the hospital for baby number three to be induced and ripped from the comfortable environment of my wife's womb. :) So next week at this time - God willing - we will have another diaper to change. I am pumped up!

2. As a result of the baby countdown - my wife is in full nesting mode. She is like a well oiled machine getting the house ready, cleaned, prepared. This nesting thing is pretty powerful. If we could harness that energy we could run a fleet of SUV's on that power!

3. I served as an assessor for our church planting assessment center. In a nutshell, this is a couple days of intense work where we look at people's lives and help bring clarity to whether or not they would be an effective church starter based on 13 characteristics. It is challenging, draining, but enriching work. For me I am always challenged to be more effective in what I do as I watch and learn from others. We had a great time with great people.

Our softball team lost while I was away. So we are 1-1.
The Pistons are one game away from losing to the Cavs. (By the way - I dislike Lebron James.) COME ON!

Rack em,
sd

Comments

Kevin Stinehart said…
Hey man, good seeing you guys tonight. Wish we could've chatted longer. Good luck with the labor, baby etc.!
Anonymous said…
Good luck on the baby, and I hear ya on that nesting thing. I think it might be a female conspiracy though. Just like that whole once a month excuse to go crazy.

All we have is a once a life, about mid way through it, (See picture of Drumdude here.) excuse to do and say things that may be, not, quite sane. The rest of the time we are just stupid men that can't seem to change. ;)

Did you decide on a name yet? I still like Gran. (Gran Deur)

Have a safe, healthy, and happy birth day.
Deur said…
Thanks oh great Big Dog - we are going with a family name if he is truly a boy: Willem (dutch spelling of William) - we'll just call him Will and never Willy :) We'll see if he truly is a boy - I will believe it when I see it and I mean see IT.

Kevin - you're looking good bro - you are well and truly a married man now... Make sure you eat your pizza shooters!

End of the Road forever.
Anonymous said…

Popular posts from this blog