I am sitting in Panera Bread in Alpine.
I have finished day two of my study/prep time in a cabin overlooking the Muskegon River.
Here is the stuff I wanted to get done in four full days:
> Write two messages for August. (I am almost done with one and I will not get the second done.)
> Write Rapids One experience (aka: class). I hope to work on this, but it is doubtful that now will be the time.
> Read "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" for fall preparation. (Two more chapters to go.)
(Thinking about using this book for our fall series and have everyone read it together.)
> Read "Hearing God" by Dallas Willard for fall series prep. (Still have to get to it. This will be a priority.)
> Organize and layout my messages for a young adult retreat in September. (I will need to take time for this.)
> Read, "The Contemplative Pastor" (got done with one chapter and like it alot... won't get done with much more.)

ETC.... ETC.... there really is more!

In other words I came with over a hundred hours of work to do and will get done with only half of it in four days...
I MUST TAKE MORE TIME TO LISTEN AND PRAY. The soul needs food... and campbells soup is good food.

Great time with my dad.
Missing my wife and kids.
Be back on Friday.
Thanks for the Mexican votes.

War of the Deurty,
sd

Comments

Anonymous said…
Best regards from NY! » »
Anonymous said…
What a great site »

Popular posts from this blog