Back in the pocket.

Returned from the Brooklyn Tabernacle and NYC.
I can't even begin to write all the impacting moments, lessons, encouragements and challenges...

But, I will mention one thought. I am hungry to be a man of prayer and church of prayer... at the prayer meeting on Tuesday evening there was a level of desperation and hunger for God that was overwhelming. There was understanding that God alone can heal the issue at hand and that drove the fervency of the prayers. In the desperation for God there is freedom, because you are not concerned with what others around you think - you are only focused on the One who can answer the cry of your heart. Freedom in dependency. Call me a fool - I don't care. Call me a fanatic - I am unaffected. Call me a freak - you may be right, but I know that Jesus is my King and I don't just dabble in following Him.

There is no soap box because I don't shower and there is no high horse because only girls dig horses. :)

My dad (Dibs) led our trip through the city and did a great job showing us the basic sights, sounds and smells of the city.

Kingdom kid,
sd

The deurty baby is doing well - thanks for your prayers!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Welcome back Freak!

;-)
Anonymous said…
I like the new look! Are you going to pan out on the picture as a header.
Anonymous said…
I HATE the new look!

But good to have you back...
Anonymous said…
I am not crazy about it either, but I need some more time to work it all out. I may change it, but I need time.....
Anonymous said…
You sound like Scotty...

I canno duuit capin! I need more time!

:-p
Anonymous said…
Is the picture in the header a crop of your senior picture from 1989?

I think I remember seeing you in that sweater.

Look at YOU!
Anonymous said…
One more thing.

Reads like Jonesboy has you wrapped around his little Kiwi finger.

;-O
Anonymous said…
Rev Deur...

I am allowed to hate the new look. You are not.

This is because it looks just like mine.

;)

But without the sweater...
Anonymous said…
Brett-

Do these colors make me look fat? Cause if they do I'll change em' for you.

Oh, and I'll get your blog link back on here too. I just need some more time... :-(
Anonymous said…
back in the saddle again..
Anonymous said…
Who wants to see the whole picture?

See it here: http://deurty.blogspot.com/deur%202.jpg

My what a daper young man!

:-)
Anonymous said…
I remember that photo too.

10 bucks says Steve still accidentally pegs the cuffs on the bottom of his jeans out of habit sometimes when he's dressing in the morning.

I'm not sure if I really care about "the look"

However -- the photo is choice.
Anonymous said…
Steve...do me a favor dude.....
DOWHATYALIKE
Anonymous said…
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Popular posts from this blog